Friday, June 01, 2007

Poor Lil' Unwanted Priscilla

Three days after telling ShinyStat to stop sending me weekly traffic reports, I received an e-mail from them informing me my ShinyStat FREE account has been terminated for lack of activity.

Now, a kinder interpretation of this notice would be that I have failed to click on the links in my weekly e-mail from ShinyStat to view my site activity. A more realistic interpretation, however, would be to admit that no one, not even my daughters, are visiting Pinelands Ponderings on anything like a regular basis.

I had noticed my traffic dwindling down over time from a number of early visitors linking through from my daughters' (
Julia, Pixie and Junket ) blogs. This was understandable, since my daughters' sites were raw, insanely funny personal chronicles that, over time, grew more and more addictive to an ever-expanding audience. There was bound to be some gradually-diminishing linkover from their readership.

After all, there just isn't the soap-opera adventure and intensity in my life that a 20-something beautiful young lady would have. I did, however, observe studiously on several areas of widespread interest over the past couple of years. Who could possibly forget my erudite observations on
Christmas, Parenting, Grandparenting, Cicadas, 9-11, Kids' Birthday Parties, Reading to Toddlers, Pet Rats, Expired Pet Rats and Insomnia? Uh...apparently, a lot of people forgot!

But that's OK. Looking back on these posts, I'm proud of setting down my viewpoints on these diverse subjects. I'll never be the emotion-wringing writer my firstborn is and will never have the acidic, hilarious take on the world of my secondborn. I'll never summon up the sweet retrospective of my thirdborn. But I'm not my children--I'm me. I'm not comfortable using...uh...unfortunate language or sexual commentary here. Instead, this blog will always contain an inordinate amount of emotion over my grandson, an account of my continuous struggle with health issues, admiration for my pets and plants and a scatological study of the connection bodily waste (from one species or another) has to my daily schedule.

In truth, there is no other Priscilla from the Pines. I'm a weirdly funny, 59-year-old lady who likes techno music and writing surreal, spiritual or science-fiction stories. I'm empathic, caring and unconditionally supportive to those around me, full of wonder at life and love and eternally grateful to have my friends and family beside me each day. I'll keep writing, whether or not there are visitors. ShinyStat is not a useful tool here, and their logo will come down. But I'll keep writing for as long as I'm aware and in love.

Gotta run--Sprinkles the Rat is ringing her bell. Time for milk and cookies.

5 comments:

Jackie Paper said...

Dude, I'm proud that, unlike many others in this family (me)(Pix)(Jul), you don't fall apart over stuff like this. Me? I've looked at my stats and compared them with Jul's or Pix's and teared up, wondering, "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LIKE MEEEEEE?" The truth is more along the lines of this: I frequently fail to update for a month at a time. I think you can still learn things from your parents even if you are a twenty-something know-it-all, such as that the internet isn't life. I dunno exactly where life is, but I suspect it's somewhere in the back yard.

Anonymous said...

Bravo Junket.

Kayla said...

I have linked over here from the girls' blogs, several times, I'm just a bad blog reader. I read most of mine in bloglines, and if I forget to subscribe, I won't remember to come back and read for a month! So, here I go remembering and adding you to my feed :)

Sarah said...

Fuck ShinyStat! Priscilla of the Pines ROCKS!

Also, I think you have to click on the ShinyStat link. They want people to click on their logo. I click on mine all the time to find out who my last 15 visitors were- and here's a fun hint- Dad's workplace shows up.

Again, fuck ShinyStat. They want revenue.

Jo said...

I adore the Priscilla tales! Write on lady.
I would love to read one of the stories you have written. hint,hint.