Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Incoming! Incoming!


Hi Grandma!

Hi! I was told that you have cornbread. I have not been fed in weeks. Really. My sisters say I'm fat but really I'm just big-boned and I need cornbread. My mom says that you have an empty cage and that you have cornbread and you take care of special-needs rats and that I'm a special-needs rat. What are special-needs?

Did you get the cornbread yet? I'm dying of starvation. Really. I really am.

Love, Krimpet

Hi, Krimpet!

Yes, I have cornbread and ice cream and cookies and all kinds of stuff. You can come stay with me tomorrow! You mama said so! Grandma won't starve you. You will have all you want to eat and you can play on the couch every day! Remember how we played on the couch?

Special needs means you are big-boned and need more cornbread. So, you come over here with your mama tomorrow and stay with me so you won't starve any more, OK? I have a big cage with a platform just for you, and you won't have to share your food with anyone. Sound good?

Grandma

Hi, Grandma With Cornbread!

Thank goodness! They wouldn't believe me when I said special-needs means I get to have all the food. And cornbread. Playing on the couch was the best. There were crumbs there. And a dish of milk. And they were all my crumbs. And my milk.

I am ready to go to Grandma's house! Where there is cornbread! Come on, mama! I will see you tomorrow, Grandma. I will try not to starve to death before then.

Love, Krimpet
P.S. Cornbread

7 comments:

Sarah said...

OH MY GOD, when I came home from work today I was going to post our email exchange and you did it first! Krimpet is on her way, Grandma. Fear not.

Klynn said...

Awwww. So glad you get someone new to spoil. Krimpet is soooooo cute. How could you resist that sweet little face. Now go make some cornbread...come to think of it...that makes me want corn bread...I need to go to the store and get cornbread fixins.

Klynn said...

Oh, and I have the best cornbread recipe in the world (I got it from my mother-in-law)...if you're interested. :-)

Priscilla Pseudonym said...

klynn: Ooooo! A good recipe? For Krimpet's sake, could you e-mail it to me? I just use the stuff out of the box, usually.

Thanks for dropping her off today, Pixie. She's settling in nicely--scampering back and forth between her seeds and her veggies--and she had a good workout during exercise time.

Jo said...

Krimpet sounds like she is going to get really "big boned" in her new home. She looks darling, but I really don't like it when animals bite me. I hear she bites.
One of the secrets to good cornbread is to let the mixture set for a few minutes so it will get a "crown". It just gets bubbly, but it makes happy cornbread. I like to use buttermilk when I can too.

Priscilla Pseudonym said...

Nope, Krimpet doesn't bite humans--just her little ratty sisters. So she's in her own cage now, three feet away from Sprinkles, who is also aggressive. They can trade war stories:

Yeah...I had sisters who tried to eat all the food; bit a hole in a few of 'em! Hee-hee-heeeeee!

Anonymous said...

Look at that poor, EMACIATED little face. The creature is plainly hanging on by a thread. CORNBREAD, nurse, STAT!!!