Thursday, November 02, 2006

Priscilla Takes A Sick Day (or Three)

Rats! I was going to do a really nice essay on making Halloween costumes for little kids. But when I sat down at the keyboard, my neck disks decided to stage a coup and overthrow my best intentions. Crushing, burning pain at C4-5, complete with nausea, flattened me for two days or so. And I don't handle "flat" very well.

So the Halloween costume piece will have to wait until next year (God willing, 'cause, y'know, at my age y'never know). For now, I'll have to write about all of my cats developing matted fur at the ass-end of their backs, which must be some kind of fall-shedding and winter-coat-growing phenomenon.

Or maybe I'll just skip it. Yeah.

6 comments:

Klynn said...

Eh, I just tend to buy the costumes nowadays. Though I do have quite a creative side, and can throw together some cute stuff.

Sorry you had/have the neck trouble. Hope it's all better soon. You and Mr. Pseudonym are quite a pair, lately, huh?

Oh, and as for the cats...just shave 'em and call them Mr./Mrs. Bigglesworth. The ratties will love it.

Sarah said...

Yes. Skip it. :)

Jo said...

Sorry about the neck thing. And you know what? Your young'uns who have their health, do NOT appreciate it, while we are all achy. Youth is wasted on the young I say!

Anonymous said...

Priscilla, I have a grandparenting problem which I've written about on my blog. As you seem to be a doting and delightful grandmother, could I be really cheeky and solicit your opinion? Any thoughts/comments would be really appreciated! Sky

Priscilla Pseudonym said...

sky: you're not cheeky! we compusisters need to lean on each other in times of stress! pls see my comment to your post.

Sarah said...

I thought this was supposed to be a sick day or three, not a billion, ARE YOU DEAD, WOMAN? (hint: I know for a fact that as of yesterday you were not)